Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shopping The Day Before Thanksgiving!



Yes, that's right, I went grocery shopping the day before Thanksgiving! And yes I had to buy a turkey!

Now I went during the later part of the morning and even then the Shoprite was crowded! It was especially crowded where the frozen turkeys were! Shoppers were looking into the bins looking for the right sized turkey and to make things more complicated there was a decision to be made as to whether to buy a frozen or fresh turkey (remember this is the day before Thanksgiving!).

I often wondered how someone could get a frozen turkey on the day before Thanksgiving but expect it to be cook-able and thawed out for Thanksgiving Day but Marsha told me that people use a hair dryer to thaw out their turkey!

Like I said, Shoprite was packed! - even for the early afternoon and I suspect that it would probably be more crowded as the day wore on!


The parking lot was crowded, the Cheltenham Mall was crowded both inside and out!

I just could not wait to get home and out of the madness! But I did manage to get everything that I needed!



No comments: