Wednesday, April 14, 2010

William Penn High School?



I actually attended and graduated from this school way back in the late seventies!

However I was recently updating one of my site profiles and one of the questions that it asked was about the schools I attended. I wanted to list William Penn High School as the school that I graduated from but it wasn't in the listings. I thought that was happening because the school was supposed to be closing. I was able to list that I also attended Strawberry Mansion Junior High School.

So I went online to try and find a picture of the school and I actually could not find one! I'm going to have to take a picture of this school so that I can post it here because this school brings back a lot of memories for me!



Here is a recent update about the school closing:

"State Rep. W. Curtis Thomas, D-Phila., announced today that School District of Philadelphia
Superintendent Dr. Arlene Ackerman formally withdrew her proposal to close William Penn High School at a School Reform Commission meeting yesterday.
"

You can read more of this news update by clicking here.

Hopefully this is true and this is very good news to hear! Although I work at home now all the education that I received from this school is still within my memories and I do think about it from time to time!

However you would think that with all the free money programs and government grants around that there would be a way to figure out how to save this historic philadelphia school which has quite an extensive and historical background!

I'm hoping for the best!

No comments: