Thursday, May 6, 2010

Philadelphia Magazine




I have a copy of "Philadelphia Magazine that I purchased some time ago. Usually I don't buy this magazine because it is just too expensive for me but I decided to buy a copy this time.

In this issue:

  • an article about philadelphia-native Kevin Bacon

  • Philadelphia Facts and Trivia:

    • "Tons of trash removed from Fairmount Park in an eight month period? 3,608 tons!

    • Total number of hockey pucks used in a Flyers season - 75,000 hockey pucks!

    • Coldest day on record in Philadelphia was -11 degrees Fahrenheit on February 11, 1943


  • a small article about a feud between WMMR and WYSP

  • I didn't know that Philadelphia has a charity circuit?

  • "Why are New Yorkers coming to Philadelphia for plastic surgery?

  • according to one of the articles "Why Philly is still America's best college basketball town?

  • I do have to say that Philly surely does have a lot of nice-looking stores and restuarants that I would love to investigate!

  • I was looking at the classified and advertisement section near the back of the magazine and I noticed that Philly seems to have quite an S & M and "fantasy" market!

  • it was quite interesting reading the personals section just to see what people are interested in.


I see that the magazine has a lot of advertisements in it so hopefully that means that the magazine is well funded. I don't knw how many people subscribe to "Philadelphia Magazine but it would be interesting to know.

All in all I can't say that the Philadelphia Magazine is such a bad magazine. It just seems to be targeted to a higher-income/class of people.

I do have to say that I enjoy looking at the pictures - especially the pictures of the products that some of the "higher-end" stores are selling!

We must have some very rich people here in Philadelphia!

No comments: